Back to Press Release Archives
Tradition Energy Featured at Blank Rome / Fordham University Symposium Sr. Director Speaks on Energy Finance Related Matters
New York, NY, March 5, 2012 — Tradition Energy’s Sr. Director of Market Research, Addison Armstrong, was a featured speaker at the “Second Symposium on Climate Change Economics and Energy Finance” at Fordham University’s Center For Research in Contemporary Finance, on March 1, in New York City.
Mr. Armstrong was on a panel that discussed market-based solutions and financing for projects that promote greater use of Green Energy. Specifically, he addressed the current state of U.S. markets for Renewable Energy Credits and carbon offsets and how those markets could be improved.
The conference featured experts from academia, industry, government and the financial sector examining issues related to climate change economics and scientific evidence on climate change, renewable energy, clean technology, and alternative energy sources.
In addition to Mr. Armstrong, symposium speakers included:
- Donna Rapaccioli, University Professor, Dean of Business Faculty and Dean of the College of Business
Administration, Fordham University
- Edgar Bronfman Jr., General Partner, Accretive LLC and Executive Chairman, Global Thermostat LLC
- Graciela Chichilnisky, Chief Operating Officer, Global Thermostat LLC and Professor of Economics and Mathematical Statistics, Columbia University
- Robert J. Fuest, Chief Operating Officer & Head of Investment Research, Landor & Fuest Capital Managers, LLC
- Joan M. Bondareff, Of Counsel, Blank Rome LLP
- Anthony Broccoli, Professor of Environmental Sciences, Rutgers University
- Sris Chatterjee, Professor of Finance and Business Economics, Fordham University
- Ralph Daley, Vice President, enXco, Inc.
- Jan Dash, Visiting Scholar at Fordham University School of Business
- Sheila Foster, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Albert A. Walsh Professor of Law and Co-Director Stein Center for Law & Ethics, Fordham University
- Michael B. Gerrard, Andrew Sabin Professor of Professional Practice, Columbia University Law School
- Nicholas A. Giannasca, Partner, Blank Rome LLP
- Stuart F. Gruskin, Partner, Gruskin Gordon and Former Executive Deputy Commissioner, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
- Carlos E. Gutierrez, Associate, Blank Rome LLP
- Jon Hartnett, Senior Manager of Business Development, EnerNOC, Inc.
- Iftekhar Hasan, E. Gerald Corrigan Chair in International Business and Finance, Fordham University
- Bruce M. Kahn, Director and Senior Investment Analyst, Deutsche Bank Climate Change Advisors
- Rana Mukerji, Senior Vice President, Market Structures, New York Independent System Operator, Inc.
- Peter Peyser, Managing Principal, Blank Rome Government Relations LLC
- Michael A. Pirson, Assistant Professor of Management Systems, Fordham University
- Curtis Ravenel, Global Head, Sustainability Group, Bloomberg L.P.
- Ehud I. Ronn, Director, Center for Energy Finance Education and Research, University of Texas at Austin
- Joseph A. Siegel, Senior Attorney, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Friedrich Soltau, Division for Sustainable Development, Department of Economic and Social Affairs, United Nations
- Vanessa Stewart, Chief Operating Officer and Co-Founder, Soltage LLC
- Gernot Wagner, Ph.D., Economist, Environmental Defense Fund and Author, But Will the Planet Notice?: How Smart Economics Can Save the World
Scott Merrell, Sr. Director, Sales and Marketing, Tradition Energy +1.713.609.9922
About Tradition Energy
Tradition Energy is one of the world’s largest energy management and procurement advisors to commercial, industrial and governmental organizations with over 300 energy specialists in 11 offices covering both the wholesale and retail energy markets since 1986. Tradition Energy is part of the Tradition Group, a leading global institutional broker of financial and commodity products. Tradition employs over 2,500 people in 27 countries around the world and is publically listed on the Swiss stock exchange (CFT).